Follow me! Click the logo on the left of this page! Happy Pinning!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Burlap Door Hangers

I thought I would try out the burlap door hanging ideas that I have saw on Pinterest and even some on Etsy.

Materials Needed:
Burlap- I bought at a fabric warehouse.
Hot glue gun and sticks
Plastic sacks for stuffing or you could use batting or even newspaper
Paint (opt)
Ribbons and other embellishments.

Procedure:
The hardest part to me was cutting 2 pieces of burlap the same size. It moves around as you are cutting. Might be best to pin it together. I use a sharpie and draw on the burlap the outline that I need my hanger to be in.

When all cut hot glue the edges around. You could sew it or staple it too if you wish. This step is like making a pillow. Leave enough space to stuff it. Stuff it as full as you like.
Glue up the hole when you are done.
Paint it or whatever.
Take your floral wire and poke through below the glue for better securing.
Wrap the ends around your finger to make a spiral. And hang for all to envy!!

Here are pics of ones I have done. I will post step by step direction pictures soon.




And even a flag for outside:
 


Oh and my kitty LOVES burlap!



No comments:

Post a Comment