Follow me! Click the logo on the left of this page! Happy Pinning!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Count Down!!!

Pinterest.....why must you make me stay up all hours of the night doing crafts??? That's ok I forgive you ;)
Materials:
A Sharpie, black
Chalkboard spray paint (Krylon)
Stickers or pictures (I cut out pictures from cards and magazines)
A blank board (I got mine in the craft department in Wal-Mart)
Red Wirey Ribbon, optional
Any color paint, optional (I had my 8 year old paint the board before I worked on it with white acrylic paint)
Modge Podge (Pinterest has a recipe for homemade Modge Podge...haven't tried it yet)

How To:
Paint board chosen color for background (also serves as a primer for your spray paint)
Let dry
Cover the board completely except for a little square where ever you would like the countdown numbers to go.
Go outside and put the board in a big box and chalk board spray paint the squared (or whatever shape you prefer) section.
Let dry overnight.
Spray another layer. Let dry overnight.
Remove the covering.
Add your embellishments with modge podge and also over the top.
For the font...I just picked some I liked and typed up the words I wanted and just looked at them on my computer and wrote them myself on the board. You can use your Cricut (wish I had one!) or scrap-booking stickers, what ever you want, remember this is your board!
You can either put on your wall or place on a plate holder, that's what I did!


You can find videos and other ideas on how to do these on Pinterest!! Come and follow me by clicking the Pinterest logo on the left hand side of this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment